- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- chocolate of your choice
- Popsicle stick
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Place popsicle sticks inside of rice Krispy treats
5.Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
6. Melt Chocolate over stovetop or in microwave
7. Dip Rice Krispy Treat in chocolate and add sprinkles
8. Let is cool or set place in the refrigerator for faster cooling
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
– For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
– 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
– Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
– Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
– To freeze, place Rice Krispy Treat in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Fun Ideas with this recipe:
This recipe can be used anytime its’ perfect for the Holidays you can alter the chocolate color and use different color chocolates to make different color rice Krispy treats